Tuesday, January 29, 2008

MY BELOVED KALI

This my beloved Kali in our backyard, on the Sandy River....in the snow! This is not typical weather for us, so, what a beautiful surprise it was to wake up to a blanket of white everywhere. At any rate, I don't know where this month has gone, and I havn't been blogging, so here I am today. I've been having fun creating small collages, three of which I've posted in my Etsy Store. Compared to the tedium of working in mosaics, which take a month or more to complete, I am really enjoying the medium of collage, where I can actually finish a piece in a day....amazing. As a kid, I pasted photos from magazines on the back of my bedroom door. I've been a "magazine freak" ever since I can remember. I used to collect fashion mags from Vogue to Bazar to Mademoiselle. I had issues mostly from the 60's - 70's and I carted them around every time I moved (which was alot). I remember at one point my magazines filled almost an entire spare bedroom. Well....a few years ago I finally parted with them. But alas, I started collecting Gardening and Design magazines, and now I am well on my way to another unmanageable collection. I've always loved magazines that use high quality paper, they seem so luxurious, with gorgeous images. I've love the images....that is what I love about magazines....the images.

No comments: