Friday, May 6, 2011

These words speak to me....

Saw this on Tumblr and these words seem to be speaking directly to me.  After spending several years with the medium of mosaics, I decided to turn to my love of painting about 14 months ago.  And, in that time I have not produced one piece that I am happy with.  Every painting seems to be a struggle, and I can't find my bearings. However, after reading these pearls of wisdom by Mr. Glass, I have renewed energy to paint.  I will just keep fighting the creative fight, so to speak and just keep putting paint to canvas.

8 comments:

connie - spizzimosaics said...

great words to hold on to and push forward with. thanks for sharing.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Great words...good advice. We all need to just keep painting!

Carole Reid said...

Paint.
Paint some more.
Paint even more.
and then just keep on painting!

Yes we need to keep on pushing and pushing and painting. What is life without art?

Rebeca Trevino said...

just spent a fair amount of time visiting your blog. what fun i had.

i will follow you, and i will be back soon. keep art-ing!

PS: i too love the work by artist Margaret Mellis.

Elaine Prunty said...

VERY TRUE , I JUST HAD A CONVERSATION WITH MY FRIEND ABOUT THIS EXACT THING YESTERDAY AND I'VE SENT IT ON TO HER....

mansuetude said...

Tumblr is awsome as a place to learn. Good joy to ypur show. Life is all process.

Anonymous said...

Boy, ain't it the truth? I am a big fan of Ira Glass- have the This American Life app on my iPad. Listen daily, trying to catch up with his past shows.

Sand Hill Art said...

When I read something like this I realize that I am not alone in this struggle. And it affirms the feeling that I am traveling along the road others have been down. Thanks for posting it.